By Don MacLafferty, President
God has great plans for His children in these last days…and so does Satan. God says, “I will pour out My Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will have visions…” Acts 2:17 As we come closer to the second coming of Jesus, Satan intensifies his warfare against our children. He knows that God plans for our children to have the great joy of serving Him on the front lines to prepare a people to meet Jesus. Satan knows that God plans for each of our children to be filled with the Holy Spirit in these last days so that they can be a living testimony to the world that Jesus is Lord!
On Friday, December 15, 2012 a gunman entered the Sandy Hook Elementary School, a public school in Connecticut, United States. Spraying bullets, in minutes he snuffed out the lives of twenty six and seven year olds and eight adults. These twenty children should have been part of God’s last day’s plans to share Jesus everywhere. Satan attacks our children.
Yesterday I spoke to about fifty six to nine year old children about living their lives in total loyalty to Jesus Christ. Their faces looked up with eagerness. With joy they pledged their young hearts to their Friend Jesus. It must make Satan tremble!
As In Discipleship Ministry prayerfully plans for 2013, God impresses me that this discipling movement must take the following bold steps to make this disciple experience with Jesus available much more quickly to children, youth and adults. Here are the plans God has placed on our hearts:
1. Intergenerational Worship: Place our intergenerational worship services from our Clovis, California Church on the internet along with leadership notes so that pastors and volunteer leaders may use this resource to lead church services for young and old.
2. Training DVDs: Make Schools in Discipleship training and Inside Out Retreat revival available on DVD.
3. New Book: Write and publish “Seven Secrets of First Century Followers of Jesus”.
4. New Training Camp for Youth and Adults Teams: Equip youth/adults teams during this coming summer’s In Discipleship Training Camp to live as disciples and to become In Disicpleship speakers and trainers for their church, city and country!
5. Website: Make our indiscipleship.org website a gathering place to coach, teach and encourage all those involved in this movement globally!
6. New Lessons: Footprints small group studies for parents whose children have walked away from God.
As we close this year, I invite you to join me in praying and giving your time, talents and treasure to disciple God’s children!